Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day...

Having lost my father almost 20 years ago Father's Day is bitter sweet.
His smile, his laugh (like Underdog), his kindness, but mostly his love for us are still with me today.
His physical presence is missed tremendously but his memory is alive in my heart every day.
I don't know how many times most each and every day when something happens or someone says something that I think of my daddy.  He taught me so many things and I really attribute a lot of my personality and drive to him.  His primary goal was for me to be able to stand on my own two feet....
Thanks daddy, I have conquered that blessing and curse!

I know he would be so proud of the woman I have become.  He would have questioned some of my choices along the way but he would have loved me through all the good and the bad.

Joe's dad is an amazing man and amazing role model for Joe.  Brent has worked hard, loved his family and given them everything they needed and wanted.  What he gave without even knowing, he gave Joe a desire to be a good father and role model to our children.  Like me, Joe hasn't always made the best decisions in life, but he has been loved through the good and bad.

As Joe and I prepare for being parents, we have a lot of conversations about what we want for our family, how we want to parent, and how life will be in the future.  The one thing that we both know is that we, just like our father's (and mother's)....we will love our children through the good and bad.

Happy Father's Day to our dad's on this day...we celebrate you.
Hopefully next year we will be celebrating Father's Day with our new family!

Peace, blessings and prayers to you all!  K

No comments:

Post a Comment