Saturday, June 8, 2013

Family Profile...

As apart of our adoption journey, we have to create a family profile book.  It is a scrapbook of our family and our story that will be seen by the potential birth mothers and hopefully our story and profile will connect with one of the birth mothers and we will be a match.
The hardest part for me has been gathering the pictures that are needed.  I never realized how many pictures I do take, but more importantly I didn't realize how many events it looks like I have missed out on because I am not in any of the pictures.
Today we had the absolute best morning, even though it was rainy and cloudy here in Omaha!  A friend from work told me about his niece that was a part time photographer who could take some pictures for us.
We put together a plan to take some pictures of Joe and I together and doing fun things like golf, tennis, playing games at a place like Dave & Buster's plus she took some portrait pictures of us too.
I can't wait to actually see Hannah's work.  She was so awesome and just allowed us to be us! There weren't any of the tilt your head just a little to the right or any of that...we were just us!

Once we get the pictures back (hopefully she will add some color to my pasty white legs!) and get them sorted, we can upload them and Cheri can begin working on our profile!  This will hopefully be done about the same time our Home Study will be completed and we will be able to start applying to agencies!

As things are getting checked off the list and we are getting closer to applying, my heart becomes more full and hopeful everyday.  God is good and has called us to adopt.  Following what you feel like God wants for you and your life is an amazing feeling.  Knowing that God's timing is perfect and my timing isn't is the hardest part for me!  I know that things will happen when they are supposed to happen...we just have to believe in God!
Peace and Blessing!    

No comments:

Post a Comment