Thursday, February 23, 2017

And they came 2 x 2!

God has a GREAT sense of humor!  
About 5 days after we had been matched with Clara and Cooper I sat straight up in bed in the middle of the night, woke Joe up.....Joe....Joe....they could be identical!!!  Joe laughed and went back to sleep.  Little did we know God was laughing at me.  My worries and fears could not be further from the truth.  Not only did we get a boy and girl but they look nothing alike!  

Now, nearly 3.5 years later God put a stirring in my heart for what I thought was for us to become foster parents.  I've been praying for several months that God would reveal to us exactly what His plans were for our family.  During this season of prayer Joe's mom passed away which gave Joe and I a few days without Clara and Cooper at his dad's house.  I shared with Joe what I felt like God was leading me toward and asked that he would join me in praying.  Over the next several weeks we talked to some really great friends who foster and other friends who are leading the charge at our church to start foster care support teams.  We were going to start the process to see what it takes to foster in February.  During the week of the informational meeting I ended up having to go out of town for work.  Sadly we knew we'd have to push the class off for one more month.  

Little did we know that was all apart of God's plan......

On February 6th, I was training a client when I received a call from the agency through which we had adopted Clara and Cooper.  They had received a call from Clara and Cooper's birth mother telling them that she was pregnant.  We had always said that we'd think about adopting again is if she was pregnant.....well.....the agency called asking if we were interested.  When I was talking to the agency she shared that Clara and Cooper's birth mother was pregnant with twins again!!!  All I could think about was talking to Joe to find out his thoughts but I still had a few hours of training that I needed to do before I could take a break.  Joe is so amazing!  When I called him he never skipped a beat.  He was on board from the very beginning.  We both realized that this was the stirring that God had put on my heart.  

The next few days while I was traveling and training for work were a blur.  
I couldn't believe (and still can't) that we are adopting again.....let alone adopting twins again!  
After I had talked to Joe and called the agency back they met with the kids birth mother and told her that we wanted to adopt the babies.  She was so excited to know that the babies would be with us and their siblings.  The day after we said yes and the day that she said yes to us adopting she had an ultrasound.  The babies are on track and look wonderful!  We did find out that the twins will be another boy/girl pair!  

There are so many things that make me smile which I'm sure are all apart of God's plan.  
Clara and Cooper were due Dec. 16th, 
New babies are due June 16th.  
Girl/Boy twins.....Girl/Boy twins.  

Clara and Cooper were 7 weeks early so we are praying that the babies hold out a little while longer.  
Clara and Cooper spent 19 days in the NICU so we are praying that the babies are bigger and hopefully reduce or eliminate their NICU stay.  

Please pray along side of us for K, her pregnancy, and for the babies.   

4 comments:

  1. This is such exciting news! We will join you in prayer for these precious babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am crying such happy tears for you and Joe right now! You two are incredibly amazing. I will be praying for you every step of the way. BTW, June 16 is my birthday and I will pray, too, for full term! Xo, Gail Dempsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you!! Great, wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for allowing all of us to be a part of this process through prayer. THRILLED!

    ReplyDelete