Monday, November 4, 2013

Our journey is just beginning!

November is National Adoption Awareness Month.
Yesterday was National Orphan Day, a day to bring awareness to all the children around the world who need loving homes.
This day and this month mean so much more now, than it ever has!

I have wanted to be a mom my entire life (just ask my older brother).
Now, even after only a week, its hard to think about them not being here.

On Monday, Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM ET, Clara Bailey Morrow entered this world and 2 minutes later, her brother, Cooper Brenton Morrow arrived.  Clara weighed 4 lbs 4 oz, and Cooper 3 lbs 10 oz.  They were just 33 weeks and doing amazingly well.
Joe and I flew down to Florida on Tuesday and finally were able to meet them late Tuesday night.
They were 24 hours old, so tiny, so small, and so beautiful!

Tonight, at 7:20 and 7:22 marks 1 week....7 days since they arrived on this earth.
I feel like my world has stopped.  They are my focus, they are my world and they are my heart and soul.

I have dreamed what this would feel like.  But my dreams can not come close to the feelings I am having. We have intentionally set out on this path to adopt.  It has been hard, and scary and just like a roller coaster ride but now...all of that seems like a distant memory.
They are here, they are healthy, they are growing and they are ours!

God has a plan.  His plan hasn't always been my plan.  He has opened our hearts in ways that we could not have imagined.  His plan hasn't always been reveled to us but He had a plan.  His plan has always been for Joe and I to parent these wonderful beings.  He heard our cries, he heard our prayers, and He delivered far greater gifts than we knew possible.

Our journey is just beginning.  We don't know how long our stay here at Miami Children's Hospital will be...but however long it takes to get them to where they should be, I will be with them.  Joe has gone back to Omaha today to prepare our home to welcome this amazing souls.

Miami Children's Hospital is a wonderful place.  They have apartments for parents to stay in to be close to the hospital.  They have a family center that does everything from our laundry, to classes, movies, etc.  They take care of the everything that is needed to make sure we can focus on our babies.
The staff is so wonderful.  They include us in everything they do, they are as nurturing to us as they are to the small wonders they take care of.

We are so blessed and thankful to all of you who love us.
Many of you have asked where we are registered.
We are registered at Top to Bottom Baby in Omaha, NE.  Target, and Babies R Us.
We will be adding to them once we know when they will be coming home this was just a first stab at what we might need.

Please know that if I don't respond quickly to an email or text, its not that I don't appreciate each and every one of them.  If I'm in the NICU with the babies, that is where I'm focused.

Please continue to pray for their strength and continued growth so we can come home soon!
Please pray for Joe as he is in Omaha and not with us in person but definitely here in spirit and via the web.

God is an AWESOME God!
Peace and Blessings to you all!

3 comments:

  1. It is amazing ar the depth of God's love for us all. He has kept you in his loving hands this entire journey as well as before and he will be to the end of time. God is so good. We are so happy for you and Joe. You are not only those precious little ones their mommy and daddy, but their heroes! Blessings to all of you. Hold them tight and try to remember each and every moment! They grow up way too fast! Sending our love and prayers , Ashlea and Tom

    ReplyDelete